Introduction to robotics and programming K-8 students helps them develop problem-solving, critical thinking and collaboration skills while making learning convenient and fun. Teaching robotics also encourages students to actively participate in their learning. mimio by Boxlight has long been a proponent of prepare students for a future of diverse opportunities and experiences through their educational technology solutions, including STEM concentrate some products. Today MimioSTEM presents the next generation of popular and award-winning sound MyBot with the mimio MyBot Recruit.
Recruit upgrades the award-winning MimioSTEM MyBot into a fully assembled educational robotic system with a user-friendly interface and WiFi connectivity. MyBot Recruit’s comprehensive design makes it the perfect out-of-the-box STEM education solution for K-8 students.
Main features of the new Recruit MyBot include:
- Color and magnet sensors, two proximity sensors and a built-in gyro sensor to optimize STEM lessons and project-based learning experiences.
- Easy-to-use interface allowing users to create programs with graphical coding, block coding, and text-based coding languages giving students all the tools they need to advance their skills, from simple drag-and-drop coding to more complex Python coding.
- No software installation is required to control the Recruit, just a WiFi-enabled device such as a Chromebook and a standard web browser, allowing users to maximize learning space and opportunities without complex setups.
- On-device access to programming and hardware reference guides, tutorials, and more for efficient management of support needs.
- Access to MyBot-specific lessons and design challenges from the award-winning STEM curriculum platform MyStemKits.com. Teachers can save time and effort by not having to create or search for appropriate lessons. MyBot resources on MyStemKits includes lessons and tutorials to help guide teachers and students.
- Add several activity mats specially designed to enhance robotics learning in the classroom, such as city maps and maps of Mars and the Moon.
We are delighted to present to you the new Recruit Mimio MyBot educational robotics system to teachers and students and are confident that this user-friendly, out-of-the-box solution will quickly become a favorite for improving STEM education.
To request a demo, please click here.
We invite you to explore our award-winning STEM education solutions that help transform classrooms, science labs and makerspaces – MimioSTEM.