Taking care of yourself during and after exam season
Some of you may have already started taking your exams, some may still have a few days left, and some of you may not even have any! However, taking care of yourself is always something to keep in mind, as exams can really take a toll on your mental and physical health.
Here is a list of things you can do (maybe even daily) to relax during and after exam season:
- Take a nice long shower/bath – maybe splurge on a scented bath bomb and/or shower gel! Let your mind relax and take a short break. You definitely deserve it!
- Read/listen to a good book. Maybe there was a book you’ve been patiently waiting to read. You don’t have to wait for the end of the exams! Let your brain relax a bit, maybe just before bed and enjoy some well-deserved non-academic literature.
- Go into town with your friends, if only for groceries. Get out of the house! It’s something I have to force myself to do quite often during exams. I find myself suddenly closed to the world at this time of year and it is very important not to isolate yourself from the places and people who make you happy!
- Stay hydrated. This one might seem self-explanatory or too silly to point out, however, students often find themselves so stressed out with their studies that they forget to do basic things like drink water and eat.
- Do something creative or relaxing. Maybe learn to knit or cross stitch. What about drawing/doodling? Do your nails, get a haircut, put on a good hand/face cream. Personally, I went through a diamond painting phase, a cross stitch phase, a wax stamping phase and many more to pass the exams.
- Sleep at least 8 hours! I can’t stress this enough, sleep is so healthy for you. It gives your student brain a break and is the ultimate way to relaxation, no matter how hard you may find it because you are studying.